Road Legal 4WD Forums

The forums of the Road Legal 4WD Association, members, chapters and clubs.
  1. Ryan Harden
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. Trips
  4. Wednesday, 30 October 2019
  5.  Subscribe via email
Eric Baier is once again offering RL4WDA space in his Topsy Products booth at this year's Jeep Beach event. I'd like to take him up on that offer and convoy down with the camper, stay on-site on the infield at the Daytona International Speedway, and make contacts for RL4WDA. This is a huge show and worth going to. Camping in site seems very reasonable.

Thinking head down Tuesday make it there by Thursday for set up. Head back Sunday and be home again on the following Tuesday. So a week more or less.

Would anyone else want to go?

64909169_10155999390582397_7255353850721206272_o.jpg
Attachments (1)
  1801 W International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114, USA
Visit 
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hey Ryan,Looking for more information about jeep beach 2020 what the dates are I could probably meet you down there.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Trips
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
I would head down April 21st from Wisconsin with the Jeep and Camper. Head down stopping someplace about halfway. I plan to make a route that will be 55mph on some nice backroads. Going 70-80mph with the camper is just asking for trouble and too stressful. I also don't think my family is going so I'll be solo if someone wants to come along.

Setup begins Thursday if I recall Eric Baier saying from last year so I'll need to roll in Thursday morning to Daytona to set up the camper and get the Jeep and stuff to the booth. I'll then be Jeepless as the unit will be in the Topsy booth but that's ok camping on site I'd guess. May rent a car if needed.

Would pack up again Sunday and start heading north for the drive home. I plan on making a different route home if possible on more backroads staying Sunday and Monday night along the way and then arriving back home on the following Tuesday.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Trips
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Hey Ryan, I could be down there with my RV that Thursday or Wednesday night. If you’re coming alone you could bunk with me then you wouldn’t have to tow your trailer down. let me know if that works I will reserve a camping spot.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Trips
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Are you camping in the infield of the racetrack? Because I'm going to take my time getting down there I wanted to bring the camper along for promotional purposes and to be able to take rest stops whatever needed. I'm also bringing down a lot of the gear for Topsy products and need the space.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Trips
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Sorry it’s taken me a while to get back to you but I don’t get service a lot of places I go. Yes I would like to camp in the infield if you could give me some idea of where are you’ll be so I can be near you guys.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Trips
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Once pre-registration opens, whoever books first, post here if they give you a site #? This will be my first time there.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Trips
  3. # 6
Votes
Undo
Do you know where the booth will be if we can get close to that that would be great
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Trips
  3. # 7
Votes
Undo
Eric Baier did they let you know where the booth is going to be?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Trips
  3. # 8
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!