Road Legal 4WD Forums

The forums of the Road Legal 4WD Association, members, chapters and clubs.
  1. Ryan Harden
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. Votes And Opinions
  4. Thursday, 19 March 2020
  5.  Subscribe via email
There are a million different facebook groups for 4x4s. I'm requesting that the board considers approval of shutting all RL4WD facebook groups down. The drama and fighting in groups is absurd. I don't want to have RL4WD be responsible for someone posting something wrong or having law enforcement or land managers shutting things down that we've spent so much time and money building. The more people we get in this group, the larger the problem becomes and unlike other fake wheeling clubs and groups in facebook land, we're actually building trails, mapping, and growing a volunteer network to combat the people closing trails down.

We'll still keep the pages active and twitter and Instagram and YouTube for sure, but not groups. We have our forums, trail images, trail videos, all of that on the site people can post to... here in the group though its the wild west. Like I said, there are already a bunch of groups here doing the same things we're doing so you won't lose anything. As we grow to thousands and thousands of riders and hundreds of Trail Ambassadors, groups are becoming counter productive.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Is there ever going to be an app for this page?
Comment
Votes
Undo
Yes.
Comment
Votes
Undo
There will always be conflict in any group. A few bad apples, trouble makers. That 1 percent. The only issue I see getting rid of the Facebook group is people use it. Nearly everybody uses it. The same arguments could happen in the forum too. Just doesn’t seem many people use the forums.

Rather than the Facebook group being completely gone we might just need to better examine who is in it, who can post, and what can be posted.
Comment
Votes
Undo
I dont know how many groups there are specifically stemming from rl4wd. Though i do believe it's imperative to maintain a presence on facebook for the sole fact that its like the walmart of social media. Its where everyone goes. As far as bad apples, we need to have neutral people put in place to moderate each group.

If there are recurring issues with certain people or groups, that person our group has to be dealt with. For example if an individual continually bad mouths, threatens, or harasses others. That individual will be dealt with accordingly. If there is a group that continues to allow such comments or vulgar/distasteful posts, they need to be warned or shut down. That is not the image we want to portray on social media when we are trying to win over the state and the public.

I would honestly goes as far to limit the type of videos posted. Another example: 2,000hp mega trucks tearing it up at a mud ranch in florida. Our relationship in Wisconsin is way too delicate to be flaunting videos like that. Plus again it puts out the wrong vibe to newcomers.

I believe it can work. Limit the amount of groups but keep the main page as a parent group to oversee everything. ??
Comment
Votes
Undo
We have https://www.facebook.com/RL4WD/ and will stay on all social media platforms. We'll release content that way and it's easier to control or turn off comments. However the groups are not sustainable when you start seeing numbers of 2, 5, 10k people. Admins burn out and things are too easily derailed. I'd rather have each club have Facebook groups over the association as a whole so the groups can remain smaller and trail info is more local.
Comment
Votes
Undo
I agree each club or chapter should have its own then as well. Those of us that don’t belong to a chapter then are up **** creek without a snorkel. But that group name/ title should be RL4WD- whatever. Indian Motorcycle Riders Group for example is IMRG. So you have IMRG Dubai, IMRG Madison, IMRG Fox Valley, etc. RL4WD South Central WI Overlanders is the only chapter. I’m not sure RL4WD Fox Valley is making any progress?? Maybe things are in a holding pattern due to social distancing but I’m not sure they even have a Facebook page. Facebook is just a free, easy way to get people familiar with what we’re doing and hopefully encourage them to join. Limit posts, limit comments on posts, and limit members.
Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!