Road Legal 4WD Forums

The forums of the Road Legal 4WD Association, members, chapters and clubs.
  1. Ryan Harden
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. The Pipeline Thunder Mountain Trails
  4. Sunday, 08 March 2020
  5.  Subscribe via email
So we need to be more active as members and Trail Ambassadors in helping keep this trail open. We're going to need a campaign I'd think to help them out.

I've designed a logo, since this place doesn't have one. Printed one won't have our logo in it.
ThunderMountain.jpg

While they haven't officially told us what they need from us yet, I'd think we could help in a number of ways.

• Helping At Work Days
  • Fundraiser
  • Merch to support fundraiser
  • Help them get a club going on that area.
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. Joshua Wendt
  2. 4 weeks ago
I’d love for them to help us help them and if that area is mostly another club with a great leader and following maybe they’d be interested in all joining RL4WD and becoming their own chapter with the logo and branding you’ve started. Nonetheless the pipeline seems to need help sooner than later and some of those individuals may already be our members and friends.
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I will also be bringing it up with the State trails council, hopefully they can apply for RTP funds, ATV funds, and snowmobile funds. These massive water holes need to be filled in with rock, done right You're seeing a lot of zeros involved in cost.. I believe there is money out there to make this happen and we as the community can help connect the dots. If we can help another club sweet, if we have to work independently that's okay too. I've been very hesitant to take on such a project but this trail system has one of the longest histories in our recreation both good and bad. It's worth saving if it can be done right. if the land managers and people just want to put pit run or sand back in, it's a lost cause. This needs to be a true high clearance road as it's designated. We need to give people what they want and help create an iconic system that will bring tourism which is badly needed in that area.
Comment
Votes
Undo
I have not heard back from Larry. We should be helping plan patrols and trailhead watches soon... I'll reach out tomorrow.
Comment
Votes
Undo
There is one Facebook group now for this - https://www.facebook.com/groups/665475760873413/

To date - nobody has given our group any updates but I guess they are trying to update things via that facebook group.
Comment
I imagine with this virus happening, it threw this on the back burner. I really hope the state doesn't move forward in closing it without giving us a chance to fix things
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!