Road Legal 4WD Forums

The forums of the Road Legal 4WD Association, members, chapters and clubs.
Votes
Undo
  1. Ryan Harden
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. Mapping
  4. Monday, 10 February 2020
  5.  Subscribe via email
So lots of you have this program so I bought it for $30 to test it and learn it.

I can't figure out how to change the save location. It's internal or emulated but I think that stays on the internal memory?

If this is the case, this program is useless as you'll eat up all your internal storage just downloading maps. Backcountry Nav pro is the only app for Android that allows SD storage and APRS BUT I can't change track types after recording so thought this would be the fix. Nope.
Attachments (1)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hey Ryan,

Selecting "/storage/emulated/0/" from the popup should move your root folder to your SD card as you expect.

You can find more info about root folders here.

If you're still having issues, shoot me an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we can troubleshoot further.
Comment
  1. one week ago
  2. Mapping
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
According to this - https://forums.androidcentral.com/sony-xperia-x-x-compact/780692-emulated-storage-sd-card-directory.html the 0 is internal not the card.

This person said the same thing? https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003524047/comments/360001766174

I'm not paying $30 a year for this lol.

Edit: I mean $42!
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. one week ago
  2. Mapping
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Looks like people are loading all our trail data to their database and it's being made public anyway...

Capture.JPG
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. one week ago
  2. Mapping
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hey Ryan,

Huh, Sorry about that. It looks you're totally right about emulated/0 being internal storage.

Usually, the location displayed as "storage/emulated/x" is the correct path to your SD card. It looks like "0" refers to internal storage on the Sony Xperia X. I'll add that to our documentation.

Can you confirm this is also true for your device?

SD cards are tricky because the phone manufacturer and card manufacturer may format or define their storage volumes differently.

I also see you emailed in and Melanie took care of a refund for you. Your membership will still last for the full calendar year before it expires, so if you'd like to get this SD card issue figured out, just let me know. Or you can follow up with Melanie, she's more than capable of resolving this issue for you too.

Cheers!
Comment
  1. one week ago
  2. Mapping
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
I'll try and see. This is for a Pixel 3. Thanks for your help.
Comment
  1. one week ago
  2. Mapping
  3. # 5
Votes
Undo
Here's what mine looks like. Far top you can see my Root Folder is currently /storage/9C33-6BBD/. This is my SD card. Clicking Root Folder, I'm presented with "Default internal storage" and "/storage/emulated/0/".

You can also see the same 9C33-6BBD when viewing the folders under /storage/.

Maybe this is helpful for debugging? I don't know. :)
Attachments (2)
Comment
  1. 6 days ago
  2. Mapping
  3. # 6
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!