Road Legal 4WD Forums

The forums of the Road Legal 4WD Association, members, chapters and clubs.
  1. Adam Wisecup
  2. Ham Radio
  3. Friday, 07 February 2020
  4.  Subscribe via email
I'm a great example of a outsider outsiderlooking -in.
After a few months of casual questioning and a little Googling searching, I've quickly learned some [because there's a ton] of the benefits of HAM vs. CB. The endgame is riders' safety, a better recreation experience, and an overall preparedness!

I have to mention that HAM has a minimum requirement for certification, but that's literally a $30 bill and one night/day of study, but it looks pretty simple and a lot of it commonsense; I've heard several times, soon we'll have the facilities to host the certification classes and testing for certifications ourself [RL4WD}, so that'll mean it's as simple as a class with friends and a $30 bill!

I'm onboard and I hope you will serious consider HAM certification too : )

[steps of. soupbox]
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
HAM novice here too! I have friends on the east coast and their 4x4 clubs all use HAM. So I've been doing some reading online and want to know 1) how people are studying and for how long (using books? websites?) and 2) what is a good beginner's radio and why? What options are out there?

I'd like to take my test before summer.
Comment
  1. one week ago
  2. Ham Radio
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
There are lots of good resources here https://rl4wd.com/categories/66-techhamstudy
Comment
  1. one week ago
  2. Ham Radio
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Comment
  1. one week ago
  2. Ham Radio
  3. # 3
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!