Road Legal 4WD Forums

The forums of the Road Legal 4WD Association, members, chapters and clubs.
  1. Sara Nelson
  2. Camp Sinawa
  3. Tuesday, 10 July 2018
  4.  Subscribe via email
The lowest trail in the camp. Features a lvl 3 hill and a lvl 3-7 low depending on water level. 
Read full article
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
To keep this trail sustainable, we do plan to add 5 to 20 yards of round stone to the base so that we can access the trails anytime of year regardless of how wet the trail is. This is going to be a focal point for 2020.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Camp Sinawa
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
The Lowline Trail Rebuild

We must reinforce the lowline trail this year so we can get to the 4x4 trails without damaging the camping area and walking trails.

Take a look at the pictures and video here - https://rl4wd.com/directory/trail-systems/private-trail-systems/camp-sinawa-lowline-trail and you'll see why we need to add a rock base to this trail.

This trail is the single most important trail at Camp Sinawa as it can keep events from closing and keep the trails usable all year long. Right now though, with all the rain and no rock in the base, it's been closed most of last year and the year before because it'll turn into a sloppy mess and be unpassable. Furthermore, trying to recover a rig from back there would be very hard or impossible if the trail does turn into muckfest without spending big money on excavation and other heady equipment.

This is why I've been advocating to build a pile of rounded glacial stone from the nearby gravel pit on the north side of the parking lot. When the rangers or trail ambassadors have time, they can pour rock on that trail as time permits. My estimate is this trail will need 10 dump trucks worth of rock based on previous work we've done at Sinawa. While we can't store 10 loads on site, we can hold maybe 2-4 depending on what Sara can work out with the farmer who has to bring in farm equipment off that northern field there.

Anyway, I hope that we can get this done before the Fall snow comes in 2020. If we can, we can easily host rides year round in my opinion.
Attachments (1)
Comment
  1. 3 weeks ago
  2. Camp Sinawa
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!